Quarter 1 2015
|Number of Dwelling Units|
|Quarter 1 2014||1,446||158||1,604|
|Quarter 1 2015||2,514||641||3,155|
Dwelling units approved up 96.7% in year
In the first quarter of 2015, planning permissions were granted for 3,155 dwelling units, compared with 1,604 units for the same period in 2014, an increase of 96.7%. See Table 4.
The first quarter figures also show that:
- Planning Permissions were granted for 2,514 houses in the first quarter of 2015 and 1,446 in the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 73.9%. See Table 4.
- Planning permissions were granted for 641 apartment units, compared with 158 units for the same period in 2014, an increase of 305.7%. See Table 4.
- One-off houses accounted for 28.8 % of all new dwelling units granted planning permission in this quarter. See Table 4.
- The total number of planning permissions granted for all developments was 3,895. This compares with 3,833 in the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 1.6%. See Table 1.
- Total floor area planned was 952 thousand square metres in the first quarter of 2015. Of this, 54.3% was for new dwellings, 24.1% for other new constructions and 21.6% for extensions. The total floor area planned increased by 28.0% in comparison with the same quarter in 2014. See Table 1.
- Planning Permissions for new buildings for Agriculture increased to 112 this quarter. This compares to 93 permissions in the same quarter of 2014. See Table 3(a).
Source: CSO Ireland